Thursday, June 20, 2013

95.8 Miles to go.


We found a local high school track to run on last night – my feet are happy about that!  Ran 2 miles in 22 minutes and 15 seconds.  That means my time is a little faster – nearly an 11 minute mile. 
My original goal with running was to just RUN an entire 5K by my 40th birthday.  Well, things have been going well enough that I revised my goal to be to RUN the entire 5K in under 40 minutes by my 40th birthday.  And I think I’m in pretty good shape to do it.  The truth is, though, that it won’t be as easy as a track run.  The course is on very different terrain where they recommend trail shoes.  There will no doubt be hills.  It is likely red dirt and maybe gravel.  So this weekend, we hope to run at a local lake where it is much closer to the racing terrain.   We bought trail shoes last weekend, so we’ll be taking them for a spin and we’ll see how it goes.

This is a photo taken by Alvin. B, courtesy of Yelp, of the lake where we plan to run Sunday.  Pretty!!

No comments: