But I digress. Once upon a time... in that apartment in Georgia...she visited. My place was a mess and I was overwhelmed -- not knowing where to start or how to finish. So I went to my first job that day, left that, and went to my second job. Upon arriving home, there was a note upon my door that read:
I prayed today: Please let Tonya find some release from this stress!! Awesomely enough, He worked through me; however even God can't help that Bedroom!
In this case stress totally = mess. She cleaned and organized Everything -- except the bedroom, as you probably guessed. And it was Wonderful! I was overwhelmed with gratitude. But fairy-godmothers don't visit everyday and sometimes they even move far, far away (like MinneSOta). So I had to learn some of my own tricks. Here they are:
1. Wear a tiara -- mine is from my wedding -- when else am I going to wear it?
2. Wear an apron with pockets.
3. Fill pockets with m&ms.
4. Pour glass of wine.
5. Wear fun rubber gloves.
6. Put on upbeat music.
7. Get to work!
8. If someone rings the doorbell and you decide to answer it, realize that you are wearing a tiara -- whether or not you leave it on to answer the door is up to you.
9. Keep moving!
10. Let m&ms melt one by one in your mouth -- use the hand that's not scrubbing the toilet to get it there.
11. Sip wine.
12. Wear an earpiece so that, should you recieve a phone call, you can keep working.
13. Stay away from the computer!
14. Sing outloud to the music -- and boogy while you clean!
Wish me luck, there's a lot to do before driving to Denver tomorrow to get Miss Sarah!
Also, if you are like me, check out FlyLady, she's quite helpful!